So, should I use minimal protein powder and bars?

So, started a GST routine 2 weeks ago, and have been trying to find a nutrition plan I know I will be able to stick to. If I try to eat foods I don't like the chances of me sticking to a nutrition plan are not good.

I thought I was doing well until I added up what I've been eating all week.

My TDEE is 2702 calories for bulking, 45 years old, 6'0", 216 lbs, 20% BF

Last week on a daily basis I consumed:

2770 calories
360g Protein (111g from bars & shakes)
86g Fat (21.1g Sat)
60g Simple Sugars
7g Added sugars
3500mg Sodium
161g carbs
31g Fiber
680g Fruit & Veg

Right now I am eating 2 scoops of whey per day and 3 protein bars. I think I need to remove most of that. Maybe 1 scoop and one bar per day? I eat about 2lbs of chicken breast per day, love it.

I am struggling to get enough carbs and eating way too much protein (I think), the bars are just too handy a snack to have at work, and I actually like the bars I am buying.

What would be considered the best carb to snack on while I am at work to replace the protein bars? And, is it better to eat less chicken and more whey, or vice versa?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2ReqYm0

0 comments:

Post a Comment