Rebooting your metabolism

What's going on my people I have a few questions regarding nutrition that I need some light shined on.

I'm 30 years old. I weight 217ish pounds with a 34 waist. Been working out a long time and can throw around somewhat impressive numbers in the gym. The size is there.

I've literally tried every diet. I've done keto, carb cycling, intermittent fast. I have achieved great results.

I just got married in October, but before my marriage I carb cycled super hard. I went from 215 down to 204. Now that I'm a few months into my marriage I have gained some weight back, but still lifting regularly.

I'm tired of carb cycling. I did some research and learned that if you consume low carb for a while you metabolism eventually slows down making it harder to loose fat. I watch a lot of youtubers i.e Pumpchasers,Christian Guzman, Bradley Martin, Mike Thurston and I have noticed these guys lose 1-2 pounds a week consuming 200+ carbs. Granted they are in a deficit and as they lose weight they go adjusting their calories.

So I decided to slowly start incorporating carbohydrates into my system to be able to be at a -500 caloric deficit eating with a 40/40/20 ratio. I'm 3 weeks into it.

Energy levels are amazing. Push/Pull legs heavy! Throwing 315 around on squats for 3x8. Feels great. My scale is only going up. I'm doing cardio. Mix of incline walking, HIIT, stair master. 4x a week. Changing it up daily.

Any idea if I'm doing this right? I've been getting great compliments on my size. Getting accused of roids (feels nice, but no way dude), but I don't feel comfortable seeing the scale go up.

Any advice is great! I apologize for the novel.

Adam


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2RYXKNi

0 comments:

Post a Comment