T1 Diabetes and Nutrition for Weightloss vs. Exercise

Hello. As you can see, I am a brand new member. I am 38 years old, 5'5", 231 lbs, 27% bodyfat, male living in Australia.

8 years ago, I got adult onset Type 1 diabetes (T1 is organ failure as opposed to T2 which is insulin resistence overweight people get). As a result of taking insulin, poor nutrition, and a sedentary lifestyle, I put on 71 lbs - and I was already overweight.

In 2016, some more really horrible things happened, and I needed to lose a lot of weight. I changed my diet, started going to the gym, and made a few other changes, and to date, I have lost 47 lbs.

I have really plateaued for the last six months. My bodyfat % has dripped by 15%, but now, no matter how hard I exercise, nothing changes.

I am really struggling with macronutrients given my medical condition (a keto diet will literally kill me) and I am naturally a fussy eater.

What resources regarding macronutrient composition for T1 diabetics who's goal is weightloss? I am finding this really complicated, and I don't know what to do.

I joined this site, I have picked Jim Stoppani's shortcut to shredded plan which I start this Saturday, but the diet scares the bejesus out of me.

Currently my daily intake includes:
Breakfast
Scrambled eggs in a tortilla (for carbs)

Lunch
A plate of vegetables which includes peas, pumpkin, carrots, and potato

Snacks
Daily usually 2 bananas and a pear or apple

Dinner
Half a cup of brown rice
2 cups of chicken
1 cup of greens
And 2-3 eggs

Workout wise, for the past 6 months, I have been doing a full body workout 3 times a week, which at the moment includes:
10 minutes stretching
45 minutes of complex heavy lifts
50 minutes of accessory exercises
And 20 minutes of HIIT at the end

I know there is a lot of information in this post, and I do not know if this is the right place to post this type of discussion (happy to move if required), however I would appreciate and resources or advice people could provide.

I feel like I am stuck at 231 lbs and 27% bodyfat, and no matter how hard I try, I cannot improve on this at all.

My Instagram is 'gopspaceranger' if you are interested in seeing some of my transformation pics, but I feel I am stuck, I know I am doing something wrong but I do not know what, and I would be grateful for any help you could provide.

I am happy to post pics when I figure out how to.

Thanks in advance.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2G7v6T9

0 comments:

Post a Comment