Question about vegan diet

Hello guys,

I've watched a lot of documentaries recently that debunked the 'myth' that we need immense amounts of protein in order to gain muscle. These documentaries also discussed switching to a plant-based diet in order to reduce the risk of several harmful diseases I'm sure most of you are familiar with. There was a statement in the documentary that really sparked my interest. The statement made was that we do not need immense amounts of protein in order to gain muscle and said that we needed even less than 100g of protein a day (well it wasn't said directly but a Dr. in his mid 30's said that he needed about 50g of protein a day). Now this statement just threw all of my previous beliefs out of the window. So I asked myself if I was to switch to a plant-based diet and got all of my protein through plants, would that amount of protein be sufficient to build muscle? In other words do you guys agree with the statement being made (that we do not need immense amounts of protein from meat and dairy products, and can get sufficient amount of protein from plant-based foods?) I wanted to ask this question here specifically because I wanted to know if any of you had any experience building muscle through plant-based foods, AND can plant-based foods provide us with enough protein to BUILD muscle, or provide us with JUST ENOUGH protein to live a healthy lifestyle.

Please respond in a professional manner, I'm not here to debate if following a plant-based diet is good or bad. Only to answer if it is sufficient enough to build muscle, if I were to eat the proper plant-based foods.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2G99yFw

0 comments:

Post a Comment