Nutrition advice for people with Ulcerative Col itis

Hello,

I am trying to get back into weight training after essentially being out of it for about 2 years and am having trouble with supplementing the build while trying to manage Ulcerative Col itis. A quick history:

-Used to train daily
-Familiar with the popular supplements (whey protein, non-dairy protein, casein, creatine, etc.)
-Diagnosed with UC about 2 years ago (the timing of diagnosis and quitting training are not related)
-Used to weigh 175-180ish currently at 170

Apologies for dumping a ton of questions:

-How does one with UC go about taking in certain vitamins that are commonly contained in foods that are off limits (i.e. kale, brocolli, seeds, nuts, etc.)?
-How do you acquire the necessary calories to build the muscle? Is it just a matter of sticking to a bland diet?

Basically, since my return to the gym, I've been dealt a completely different body. It's like starting all over and having to relearn how it works. With so many foods off limits it's difficult to acquire the nutrition that I need.

I'm looking to hear from those with this disease and learn how they've reached their goals while managing it. I'm still open to others with sound advice and knowledge.

Also, sort of an unrelated question, do you take protein shakes on non lifting days as well or is it wasting it if you do?

Thanks in advance for those helping me out. I'm fairly new to the effects of this disease even though I've been diagnosed for 2 yrs. I didn't take it seriously and ate whatever I wanted until I had a really bad flare up a few months ago that kept me in the house for a week. Now, taking this disease more seriously, I have to figure out ways to work around it to make my goals happen.

Matt


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2GbP0w8

0 comments:

Post a Comment