Is there such thing as an equal trade off between two meal items?

When looking at the nutritional breakdown between two meal items, can you equally substitute an item(s) for another and still continue to maintain and/or lose weight?

For example, let's say I dropped eating:
0.5 cup of cooked rice
and 6 oz plain cooked potatoes
On average, it's like 58g carbs on MFP

And instead, I started drinking a Starbucks espresso beverage:
Venti cafe mocha with soy milk and no whip cream = 58g carbs according to their nutrition on their website

Strictly going based the carb breakdown between those two meals, will swapping this or any other items that have close to an equivalent macro breakdown still be ok in terms of losing weight? Or will the actual ingredients itself in each meal contribute more to the weight loss? The reason why I ask this is simply because I do the above once in awhile. I haven't really noticed a huge difference until last week when I actually did gain a little weight.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2Rs0H3K

0 comments:

Post a Comment