Nutritional help with a stronglifts

Hey,

First time reluctant poster. I have been going back and forward on whether to post and ask for help with this but decided to go for it.

I have tried lots of different TDEE calculators and the results vary so I’m not sure where I should be starting really.

A bit about me, I’m 38 5ft 7 and weigh around 185 lbs. I am currently doing the stronglifts 5x5 program which I have been doing for around six months. Started April 25th and feel I am progressing alright. I’m currently lifting

Squats - 330lbs
Deadlift - 297lbs
Bench - 187lbs
Overhead - 121lbs
Barbell - 170lbs

I do this program as suggested which is three times a week, Mon, Wed, Fri but on top of this I do kickboxing for an hour a night between 5-6 times a week depending on if there is anything on at the weekend like fight squad training. I also go jogging and do anywhere from 3-7 miles as and when I can. My job is also moderately physical.

What I am struggling with is how much I should be eating calorie wise. I use MyFitnessPal to track what I eat and my diet is pretty clean. I try to stick to whole foods as much as possible and I try to get my 1g of protein per lb of body weight every day. My calorie count at the moment varies from 2000 to 3000 calories depending on how hard I’ve worked in the gym and kickboxing. I am always hungry and feel maybe I should be eating more to maximise the benefit of the stronglifts program but I am very wary of putting on fat.

I guess I am asking if I should be eating more than 3000 calories?

The stronglifts program suggests that a minimum of 3000 calories should be eaten but with me doing added intense exercise as much as I do is the fact I might not be eating enough hampering my stronglifts progression.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2OwZ9rZ

0 comments:

Post a Comment