Carbs and Recovery

I've personally found that I need to eat a large quantity of fat or my joints hurt and my skin dries out. I also need to eat a large quantity of carbs or my exercise performance takes a big hit. The issue is that to eating enough fat/carbs for me to function optimally puts me around 1200 calories over my TDEE.

There's little to no room to cut back on protein because it's only around 150g/day. The only feasible place left to cut calories are carbs on non exercise days. The question is, how much will that negatively impact my recovery? Additional context is that I started lifting again after many years off but even with novice gains/regains, a 1200 surplus seems way too much unless the extra fat gain is somehow worth the extra recovery.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2NigmRa

0 comments:

Post a Comment