Beginning Journey

Hi All,

First post. Im sure you see a million of these types of posts everyday so please forgive me if this is answered in numerous posts or is redundant.

I've always been a skinny build, and became "skinny fat". I finally decided to do something about it and in the last 9 months I have gone from 210 pounds, 24% body fat to 190 pounds, 14% body fat. I am 6''3. I have been lifting "heavy" along the way mixed in with high intensity cardio. I am finally very happy with my body (aka my pecs are defined and my muffin top isnt spilling over my jeans) I am hitting PRs in deadlifts, bench press, front and back squats and am feeling really good!

But... Now I want to add size. Good size.

I want to push myself and lift heavy, as much as I can do. I know that eating will also be a big part of this. I am just sort of lost on the process. I know I need to gain some weight to bulk but I dont want to gain "bad weight". The though of getting fat again haunts me haha.

My routine right now looks like this:

Gym at 7am
protein shake (Kaizen Naturals 100% Whey Protein)

0% Greek Yogurt with strawberries and scoop of Whey protein at 10:45 am

High protein lunch at 1 pm (chicken+veggies or beef + veggies type of thing)

Simply protein Soy based protein bar at 3pm

High protein dinner (steak and veggies, chicken and veggies type thing) at 7pm

Then I have a bad habit of snacking around 9pm. getting better at finding alternatives like greek yogurt bars.


Will I gain size by following this routine while maintaining a good body fat%? Am I missing anything? Any advice at all? Like I said I am just flying by my own path this last year and trying to figure out what works.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2R9MZTE

0 comments:

Post a Comment