How do you track calories? I am unable to do it without great difficulty

Sure it's easy to put a cliff bar or your protein shake in MyFitnessPal, but what about when you're eating home-cooked meals? For example, I made a casserole dish last night that has like 10 different ingredients. How am I going to put that in MyFitnessPal every time I eat a chunk of it?

The other issue I have is I remember reading a few studies that suggest the calories on nutrition labels can be off by as much as 10%. Combine this with the fact that you burn more or less calories depending on what you're doing for the day (for ex. I probably burn about +800 calories the days I do boxing), and it seems like it would be virtually impossible to reliably estimate your calories, especially with a precision of a 250 surplus per day.

I mean if your meals are a package of oatmeal, a cup of almonds, and a banana then it's way easier. But what if you're actually cooking food? What I have been doing is just eating as much as I can basically and tracking my weight every morning to see if the trend is where I want it to be.

Please let me know if you have any tips. Thanks!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2RulzbJ

0 comments:

Post a Comment