Trying to track on vacation

So this year I joined my family on their yearly ski trip for a week and I'm having the hardest time hitting my protein goal. The day we arrived from the airport I was planning on joining them on their only grocery trip (for five days) to get myself some high protein snacks, however I had mild food poisoning from lunch before the flight. I'm stressing out a bit because I can barely even hit 120g when my goal is 165g and I'm going over my fat macros (was 80g the first day when my max is supposed to be 65g) even when I'm trying to pick healthy options. They take us out to eat every other night, and lay out all the leftover christmas treats to snack when we come back from skiing. When we go out to eat I try to save about 800/2400 calories for the day just to be cautious and try to stick to protein rich meals. I snack on the chobani greek yogurts they provide in the breakfast area (I take a few extra for the day), but I don't like how much sugar it has :(

I'm trying to minimize the damage I do on this trip since I'm currently bulking and don't want to gain too much fat (I know thats par for the course but I want to keep it minimal)... Im working out most days after skiing as well, but not as high as intensity as at home since the high altitude makes it more difficult right now.

Any suggestions to ease my mind? This is my first bulk too and I'm so paranoid of screwing it up and gaining weight too fast. I've already gained 4-5lbs since the middle of October (not counting the first 3lb of glycogen/water retention from the first week of bulk). I miss being able to control what my intake is at home...


Edit: Im highly considering faking a stomach ache to not go out tonight... they're going to a tapas restaurant and so I checked the menu and everything is fatty, fried, or greasy. And please don't think this is eating disorder behavior because we went to a seafood buffet the other night and I still went and enjoyed myself. I just hate eating out multiple times in a week and eating too much grease. I feel worse after eating that stuff rather than skipping it.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2TmRThf

0 comments:

Post a Comment