Building muscle on IF

Anyone here that successfully uses IF method while building muscle? I've been on it for the last 4 months. While trying to maintain my current weight or increase it very slowly, I somehow managed to drop 12 pounds. I got much leaner and everything but didn't perform that good in a gym. I feel that it somehow affected my insulin and hunger hormones that I can barely consume 2500 cals a day when I need much more to start gaining weight.

I've also read numerous research papers which all of them clearly state that while IF is a very effective method for shreding fat, when it comes to building muscle, it's far from optimal.

Anyway, I really did enjoy looking that lean from doing IF but like I mentioned before, my performance is not optimal and my weight from IF has become really too low.

So do you think I should just ditch it? Or give it some more time? If we trust what research says, apart from it's effectiviness to help shred bodyfat, it does have a handful of other health benefits. This is quite tempting for me to continue with it.

So I'm not sure what to do.

If there are experienced people with IF here, especially when it comes to building muscle and bulking, I'd be glad to hear from them.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2EWIREi

0 comments:

Post a Comment