Anorexia recovery - wanting to gain muscle

Hi everyone,

I am new to bodybuilding.com and I am looking for advice about how to gain muscle while recovering from anorexia.

I have been in recovery for about 6 months now. My starting weight at the beginning of my recovery was 112 lbs at 5'5"... I now weigh 124 lbs. About 2 months ago after resting for about 3 months, I began weight training 3 days a week and I love it. I am also doing minimal cardio, maybe a short HIIT workout here and there, or a walk with my dogs. I really want to build muscle to get stronger, as I have made myself extremely weak from my disorder, overexercising and restricting. (I was an extreme cardio junkie). However, I am not noticing much progress with strength and I try to eat to 2500 calories each day. Some days I notice I feel sluggish and am not as strong and do not have a lot of energy to lift. Should I eat more to increase strength and muscle mass? How many calories should I be aiming for?

**note: I am also suffering from hypothalamic amenorrhea, as my period has been absent for about a year and a half.

Any feedback is really appreciated!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2EVUGtB

0 comments:

Post a Comment