Low carb vs high carb lean bulking?

Ok so I know this question has been asked before but I wanted to ask it a different way, because I want to know the science here. Currently I’ve been lean bulking on low carbs so I really have no idea what it would be like or how I would feel on high carbs. I’ve been looking for a reason to go high carb from a scientific perspective.

I know I need a surplus to gain weight and I also know that the macro ratios determine what kind of weight that will be. Given that I’m already consuming a fairly high amount of protein of 1.4g per pound of bodyweight, the rest comes down between high fat or high carbs. I know I need enough fat to stay alive so it’s not like I’m looking to eliminate it and this is also not about keto vs non keto bulking because I still get in carbs and protein to not be in keto, but they’re still quite low.

I want to maximize my ratio of fat to muscle gain. So what would be better for that? High carbs or high fat? I hear so many positives and negatives concerning insulin as well. Insulin is anabolic, but it’s also the reason why people store excess fat, so I don’t know. I have also been feeling sluggish for the past month lean bulking. Is high carbs vs high fat all about preference? If it is, in what sort of situation would one do better with higher fat or higher carbs? Thoughts?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2EHU4Yp

0 comments:

Post a Comment