Adjusting calories after a mini-cut

For the past three months I have been bulking. I went from 155 lbs to 160 lbs, at 5’6.

I began my bulk with my maintenance calories being at 2800 calories, and basically I would raise my calories by 200 until my strength gains plateaued.

Eventually I was weighing 160 lbs, and eating 3500 a day. My weight stopped going up after about two weeks at 3500, so I suppose that meant my new maintenance calories was 3500.

As ridiculous as it might sound, I decided to do a very aggressive 10 day mini-cut for two reasons. Number one, to shed off a pound or two of fat (since I began my bulk at about 15-16% bodyfat, the 1-2 pounds of fat I may have gained out of the total 5 pounds made me feel pretty fat). Number two, I got sick of eating 3500 calories a day. It reached a point where I constantly felt like I had to throw up, and eating was way too time consuming and mentally taxing coupled with the mid-terms I was taking.

Anyway, for the past 10 days I cut my calories down to 2500, and now I weigh 157 pounds. I want to resume my bulk now, but I don’t want to gain back the fat I just lost. I can actually see my abs now, which I have never been able to before.

I haven’t lost any strength in the past ten days, so I’m assuming I haven’t lost much mass either. Do you guys think it would be safe to bring my calories all the way back to 3500?

I know about metabolic adaptation and stuff while cutting, but it’s only been 10 days. My only concern is that my calorie deficit was huge, so I don’t know what to expect.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2EDRoet

0 comments:

Post a Comment