What to do about low testosterone???

I’m not sure whether talking about this is against the rules or something but please don’t ban me.

Okay, so up until 4 months ago I’d been lifting for a year and a half 5 days a week. During that entire time I made pretty poor gains (my profile picture is being extremely generous as well) despite a big part of that time being the “noob gains” period. For about a year I just put it down as I had somehow got my caloric intake/macros wrong, or my workout schedule wasn’t good enough, or even I had muscle dismorphia.
I was in a slight caloric surplus during that entire year and a half and I packed on the fat like you wouldn’t believe (getting man boobs, a big belly, etc).
It wasn’t until almost dead on a year into lifting that I heard of low testosterone, so for another few months i turned it over in my head and thought maybe I had low testosterone as every symptom of it I could find online I was experiencing and had been experiencing for a good few years.
I eventually got a blood test about a month ago and my testosterone came back in the low 400s (the test was done in the morning). As some of you probably know the testosterone range the nhs (or most medical organisation use for that matter) uses isn’t age specific, so obviously my level came back as “normal”. I googled the ranges for different age groups and my T level is the same as a 65-75 year old mans.
I think we can all agree there is no way the nhs would treat me so I’m looking into other options. I don’t particularly want to go private because it costs 1000s in the uk, and I obviously don’t want to go the black market route. What are options are there??? Please help , I’ve lost a year and a half of hard work in th gym in 4 months (I was off for an operation).


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2NWYbBg

0 comments:

Post a Comment