Is it normal to feel radical results after 2 weeks of bulking?

Was trying to get shredded this summer. Am a pretty skinny guy 6’1 around 160 lbs (now 155 after cutting) and cut for pretty much the whole summer. Kinda overdid it w cutting because I have a desk job and thus am not very active daily other than lifting 3-5 times a week. Cut at between 1500-1800 calories per day. Yeah, I know it was too little but I saw pretty crazy results over the 2.5 months I did this. Ended w a budding eight pack and lost a ton of fat. Kept most of muscle mass from what I can tell.

However, am now experimenting w a switch to bulking and am seeing weirdly fast results here too, both positive and negative. Am now eating between 2200-2600 calories a day (I know some will say eat more for bulk, but I was just cutting so wanted to play it safe). I’ve seen a radical change in my gym sessions. While I thought I was fine at the gym before, I suddenly have so much more energy to finish extra sets and my weight has gone up for basically every muscle group exercise. I’ve noticed my chest and shoulders feel physically bigger, even after just these two weeks. However, I also feel that I am gaining fat as well, which also feels like too much for just two weeks of bulking. Am loving this extra strength at the gym but don’t want to undo all the hard work I’ve done this summer and become a fat ass. I know people say bulks should last multiple months so I don’t wanna take this too fast. Am only 19 and a beginner at all this. Is the reason my body feels like it’s shifting so rapidly because my daily caloric change (from cutting to bulking) was too large and too sudden? I mean I basically switched from eating like a starving child all summer to adding an extra 1000 calories per day. Any advice on this?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2PfNSsN

0 comments:

Post a Comment