How to get big with diabetes.

It's been a long time since I've posted. I've taken a month off from lifting. Vacation/wife surgery/work. Since October of last year I lifted 3x a week. First with SS then Fierce 5. I'm still sub 300 on my squat and deadlift 1rm. I'm 44 years old, I'm 6'8" and 275lbs. I'm also a type 2 diabetic. My last checkup I had was a week ago. My a1c had went up a bit to 7.5. I control it with medication. I've had a really tough time building muscle and gaining strength. I don't know if it's age, meds, diet or what. I've had a pretty crappy diet but I need to straighten up my act. Drs orders. Less carbs and more protein, fruits and veggies. How can I build big mass without eating like a horse? I want to get strong but I want to show it too. Should I do lighter weights with higher reps or vice versa? What about diet. I understand the basic concept, eat to gain mass..cut to lose fat. Any advice on how to reach my goals (I want to get into local strongman) yet still keep my blood under check? I've thought about getting into bjj again for the cardio but if I do that then I won't be able to recover if I do both.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2PT0CGR

0 comments:

Post a Comment