Do I need the extra calories?

After 'dicking around' with my routine and going nowhere I have decided to keep it simple and concentrate on strength building first. I have decided to do the Stronglifts 5x5 routine and to stick to doing the program exactly as it says. Also I intend to get my nutrition sorted in order to maximise my gains as much as possible from the program. The program starts me off at 50% of my 5 rep max which is fine and that's where I'll start. From a nutrition point of view I need to take in 2635 calories each day to keep me in a calorie surplus. ( I weigh 165lbs) so hopefully this is about right. My question is that if I'm only starting off at 50% of my 5 rep max then am I actually doing enough to still be building muscle and do I still need the extra calories? My fear is that I wont be using enough weight to create muscle breakdown to warrant the extra intake and it will just go on as fat.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2BOVfpl

0 comments:

Post a Comment