Jacked up metabolism from wrestling

Hey there, and thanks for any feedback. I am new here so I hope I am putting this in the right section.

I am wondering if there is anyway to reboot my metabolism?

I wrestled for 8 years and feel like I might have jacked up my metabolism from the weight cutting.

Right now I am 24yrs old, weigh 196, am 5'-08", I workout 5 times a week and typically follow more of a powerlifting type of routine (bench, deadlift, squat, with a few aux.) and eat about 2400 calories (gross) a day and have been doing so for about 2 months and do not lose any weight. I do not track macros other than calories.

My main goal is to lose weight, but going any lower on calories I seem to lose a lot of energy (literally). Considering I am around 15-18% bodyfat, I think that I should lose 10-15lbs fairly easily.

Basically, I know that I should be burning more than 2400 calories a day because of my age, lifestyle, and exercise, and I know I am not taking in more calories than that so I am thinking that I need some type of metabolism reboot. Otherwise, I will be dying trying to run off of 1800 calories (gross) daily. That sounds more like wrestling diet and I do not want to start that craziness again.

Any help is extremely appreciated. I may be off the mark by a mile, and if so, just let me know.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2FSaKx8

0 comments:

Post a Comment