Transitioning to clean bulk. Specifically, continue intermittent fasting?

Hi All,

A little background on me. Was overweight as a kid, began researching nutrition and fitness at 14, used to seek advice from this forum and ABCBodybuilding, was lifting consistently for many years, now married with two kids and a career, hadn't worked out for a year and hadn't been consistent for 3+ years. New year's resolution was to get back into it. I can be pretty strict when I'm 'on'. Been three months of eating clean, doing a mix of crossfit (not new to it) and weightlifting, lost 10 pounds since January 1st and have gained on all my lifts. Feeling good. Additionally, trying intermittent fasting. For first 2 months I did the, 24-hour fast once a week, and for the last two-three weeks I switched to eating from 12pm - 8pm daily.

I would still like to be leaner but would like to switch it up for a month or two, maybe make some gains in size and strength, before going back on a cut. I have been tracking my caloric intake with MyFitnessPal and have been taking in net calories of about ~1700/day, using my Apple Watch to track how many calories burned (estimate) on workout days and adjusting intake based on that. My weight decrease has been a pretty consistent 1 pound per week. I am 5'6 and went from 181 to 170. Ideal, beach-ready weight for me with my current muscle mass is about 160, I'd say.

It's historically easy for me to put on fat so I would prioritize minimizing fat gain over maximizing muscle gain. What would be the best way to transition to a clean bulk? I'm thinking of going a week or two on maintenance calories and then upping by 250 cal/day per week and closely monitoring. And would it be beneficial to continue intermittent fasting? It really hasn't been a problem for me hunger/logistic wise so I'm more concerned with doing whatever would give best results. During the clean bulk I plan to do less/discontinue crossfit and focus on a weightlifting routine with some cardio thrown in 1-2x/week.

Thanks for any help! Would also appreciate and welcome referencing to any other threads or articles that have addressed this!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2YuTox7

0 comments:

Post a Comment