Iron overload

Hi,

I am training for about 5 years now. Out of these 5 years I can almost say fully that I am using supplements.
I always used and currently using ON's products. Protein Powder, Creatine, and their multivitamin - Optimen.

I have been using Optimen since at least 2016. Taking it daily, one tablet a day usually. Never takes 3 a day like they reccomend.
Some days I am missing out on it, some days I take two, depending on my mood. But I have always kept it solid with 1 a day.

I am 21 years old. I have a record of only 3 blood tests. 2012, 07/18 and 03/19.

In 2012, before I started training or eating proper I had an Iron level in the blood of 114.8 UG/DL. Not really relevant but I mentioned it anyways.
In July 2018, I had a level of 115.9 UG/DL
In March 2019, I had a level of 184.7 UG/DL --- Which they marked it in the blood test results as more than the maximum 'normal' results.. meaning that I have an Iron overload.

My nutrition in the last years has always been pretty much the same, and it is the same now as it was 9 months ago when it came 115.9 UG/DL. So I am trying to figure out what's causing it.
Like I said, I take the Optimen since at least 2016 on a daily basis, so if it was from that, I guess it would have shown the same results or somewhere near that as it came last month as in July 2018.

The doctor is saying the multivitamin is causing it, which I find hard to believe, from the reason mentioned above.

I would like to know what you guys think and if you can reflect on the situation.
If I posted this in the wrong forum please move it to the correct one. Thanks


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2I2Zsaq

0 comments:

Post a Comment