Making sense of macro recommendations that lower protein below 1g per pound bodyweigh

I'm trying to sort out some confusion around macro recommendations with the FreakMode workout plan provided by BodyBuilding.com.

My current details:
41 years old
6' 0"
168lbs
12.94% body fat
3x per week weight workouts / 3x per week HIIT workouts on Peloton bike


I've gotten pretty lean and like a lot of people I'm looking to lose the most in my midsection, abs, and side / love handles. I often can't decide whether I should be in a cut, maintain, or bulk phase. On the latter, I cannot imagine eating around 2,700 / 2,800 calories a day. I hate feeling stuffed like that and I'm most comfortable around 1,750 - 2,100 per day.

I'm of the school of thought of consuming around 1g per pound of bodyweight in protein a day and achieve that regularly though supplementation and good food choices. I've seen cutting macro models that keep protein at that amount. When I set the app's macro calculator to lose fat, my recommendations are:

Calories: 1,774
Protein: 133g
Carbs: 177g
Fat: 59g

This seems way off to me, but maybe it makes sense? I'm surprised by the amount of protein more than anything. Fat is right in range of what I aim for now at around 45 - 60g a day.

Does this breakdown make sense for someone under 13% body fat doing the workouts I'm doing? It seems that most of what people are suggesting to me these days is to eat more, keep lifting, and the fat will continue to be shed slowly as it has been throughout various workout programs. I'm just wondering if following the app recommendations might allow my muscle to remain what it is, and give a bit more speed to fat burn.

Any thoughts?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2TIOQiU

0 comments:

Post a Comment