Learning to live my best life through food and fitness

Hello Body Building community,

My name is Taras, I just turned 31, I am 5'7 and my maximum weight was 300lbs for the last couple years. Over the last 5 weeks I have lost approximately 15lbs by working on my nutrition and my fitness lifestyle.

according to an online BMI calculator I was at 47 and over the last 5 weeks I've started to bring that number down (44.6) which I am very happy about my progress so far.

Lean Body Mass for my height online calculator's are telling me I should be between 160-180lbs.

I think everyone who struggles with weight has had something happen in life that has caused them to use food as a comfort and I believe that has been my kryptonite for many years of using food to feel better for a few minutes then spending the rest of the day/night feeling like crap for making a bad decision I know I shouldn't be doing.

My goal is clear in my mind. I want to lose the fat and get strong. I've never been strong I only really remember being heavy. I have a hard time in my mind seeing what I would/could look like if I was in fact healthy. Seeing some things my ageing parents have gone through the last few months has really had a huge impact on my mental health and it's just gotten to a point where I just refuse to fail anymore with my health, and if I fall and have a cheat I won't let it deter me from my goals.

My bulking phase over the last 15 years may have been too successful but it's time to change.


What I am hoping some of the community can point me in the direction is on nutrition and how it should be handled when working out several times a week which includes cardio 5 days a week and weights (light weights just starting out on weights) every other day and how I should approach my Macro nutrient's.

Breakfast - smooth - 375ml unsweetend almond milk, half avocado, 1 banana, 100g frozen berries, no fat greek yogurt 175grams
Lunch - Normally Spinach salad, 1 piece of chicken, 1 piece of garlic toast
Dinner - Highest caloric meal - 300g of white rice, 150g beef or chicken(plain) with vegetables

this has been adding up to something like 1700-1800 calories.

I feel like I probably should be eating a bit more or at least spreading out some calories to have a hardier lunch but this is where I am lacking in the knowledge department.

I'm getting about 200-230g of carbs, 85-100grams of fat and about 100-115 grams of protein in a day.

Some things I've read so far in the stickies mention 0.4g fat per pound of boss mass or 1-1.5g protein per pound of weight. As someone who has 60+ more pounds to go what should i be looking at? I can't see eating 285 grams of protein right or the 114grams of fat in a day.


Any help would be greatly appreciated but I will be certainly reading a lot more through these forums to learn more and try to find things to ensure I am being efficient and effective in my addition of eating healthy and building a workout routine i can use/build on for the rest of my life.

I know the road ahead won't be easy but I have the rest of my life to see it through and this post is just another step my in journey to learn to love myself again the way everyone should, to gain confidence and self esteem I didn't know existed. I am just starting to ramble now as its getting late. I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read this messy post and I hope that as I learn and grow into the man I want to become that I will be able to help others along their journey as well.

Tomorrow I will be starting to post my daily food log as well as exercise log, so feel free to watch my journey. Thank you again for reading / take the time.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2FFLSIo

0 comments:

Post a Comment