What should be the caloric value while trying to gain muscles

I have started going to gym and its been 5months. I was not following any particular diet plan but I have now prepared a customized diet plan for myself.

My body weight is 80Kgs. I go to gym 5-6 days in a week. As per my diet plan, :

Protein : 160gms
Carbs : 250gms
Fats : 60gms

When I calculated the total calories, it came out to be around 2200-2300. As I am a newbie, I follow tutorials online and I got to know that to gain muscle, we need to be in a calorie surplus diet but here as per my diet plan, it looks like I am in a calorie deficit diet and thus I will not be able to gain muscles although I am taking high protein & carbs in my diet.

Does this really matters that we need to be in a calorie surplus to gain muscles.?, or just high protein diet is all we need. If I follow the same diet with 2200 calorie, will I be able to gain muscles, because to maintain my current weight, I need to hit 3000 calories in a day.

Can anyone please explain this concept. Thanks.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2R1tf4u

0 comments:

Post a Comment