A question for you former chunky folk

I am 5'9 and weigh 240lbs and trust me most of it isn't muscle lol. With respect to nutrition I am horribly confused when it comes to caloric intake.

My goal is to cut fat while retaining what muscle I have and bulk up. I've read I should be consuming anywhere between 1500 to 4000 calories. So the question I have for my former chunky peoples out there or those who are just in the know is what has worked for you?

Have any of you gone from being fat to cutting and bulking at the same time or have the majority of you done a hard weight cut damning the muscle losses and worry about rebuilding after?

I've tried working out on low calories (1500 to 2000 calorie range) and it freaking sucks. I feel weak and its like I'm prone to injury. I feel much stronger in around the 2500 - 3000 calorie range but then it seems my weight doesn't drop and I'm stuck where I am.

I am conscious of my macros and what I'm eating, I usually aim for a 40% protein / 35% fat / 25% carb intake.

Any advice you wish to dispense on this jolly fella would be appreciated.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2OCavbw

0 comments:

Post a Comment