Help me understand the role of CARBS

Hey guys, I worked very late the other night and and woke up later than usual yesterday. This put a damper on my whole day of eating. I worked out pretty late, around 10 pm. After my workout I realized I still hadn’t hit my calorie goal, and also realized that the remaining calories (~500kcals) were all carbs. I had hit both my fat and protein targets already. So it got me thinking... why should I fill up those remaining calories with mostly carbs? If I have already completed my workout, what do the carbs do if not fuel you for training? What is their role exactly? And does it matter which I eat; simple vs. complex? (I’ve read this is outdated info)

FYI I am trying to put on mass, of that affects your answer. Thanks.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2vw3kZl

0 comments:

Post a Comment