Any women with experience strength training on birth control?? (ESP Yasmin)

Hi ladies, I was just wondering if anyone has any experience strength training on birth control? I’m referring specifically to the class of BC pills that are used to treat acne, PCOS etc as I know that studies have found the the anti-androgenic effects of these can limit muscle gains by dramatically reducing testosterone levels, blocking androgen receptors etc.

I am currently on Dianette (Diane 35/Co-Cynprindiol) and I have DEFINITELY found this to be the case. One 15 min abs sessions a week used to be enough to keep my abs looking toned - now I can work them out several times a week and have barely any muscle tone, and I’m finding it so hard to build strength/size in my lower body.

I don’t wanna quit BC entirely because I don’t want my horrendous hormonal acne to return, but I can’t stand feeling like I have little/no control over getting results in terms of my physique.

I’ve read that Yasmin is a slightly weaker version of the BC I’m on and am considering changing - I would love to hear if any of you ladies have experience on Yasmin (or other BC pills in this category) and have still been able to build muscle? Or how much it has affected your efforts (if at all)?

If you could leave brand names that would be amazing 😊 xxxxxxx


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2NZb42a

0 comments:

Post a Comment