Newbie Nutrition Help

So I have recently chosen a career path that will more than likely require me to put on some serious mass over the next couple of years. I have spent quite some time researching what I need to eat in order to bulk up but as I am not as experienced as members on this forum page I was hoping for some tips on things that I could add or change while also having some questions answered.

Age: 21
Height: 6'9
Weight: 190lbs
Goal Weight: 250lbs

As you can see I'm pretty tall but skinny and as I want a career in law enforcement I doubt I'd be able to do that at this moment in time. I'm currently at college for the next 3 1/2 years along with a further year I have decided to add after that if my goal is still not reached so all together I have around 5 years to accomplish this goal.

So as for some questions:

I've heard creatine monohydrate is a great way to also add on some extra lean pounds and I'm wondering if it would be more beneficial to take it in pre or post workout?

I have also used a nutrition calculator and it said that I will need around 4000 calories in order to bulk up, I've decided that this is where I will begin and I will monitor my weight and adjust the calorie intake accordingly, is this too high?

What is also the best carbs/protein/fats ratio? I have decided to go for 50/30/20 would this be too much in some areas or too little in others. What do you suggest? I know this type of stuff depends on the individuals also.

What protein powder is the best? Currently Im leaning towards 'optimum nutrition pro gainer' but what do you use that show the best results?

What are some of the best foods that can help with each of the carbs, protein or fats E.G. almonds, eggs, oats etc.

How often should I work out? currently I am leaning towards 5 days a week.

How regularly should I eat? I am also going to eat 5 meals per day which works out at around 800 calories per meal.

Thanks for any followup advice given! If I have missed any vital information regarding nutrition please let me know! Having a career in law enforcement is something I have always wanted to do and I would be much more intimidating being being 6'9 and 60lbs heavier.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2PaQkob

0 comments:

Post a Comment