How quickly should I expect to gain muscle back after cutting? Recommended way?

I was 194 when I started and I'll probably be 135 when I first started, almost there, I am at 142 now. I lifted weights at home a little bit before this diet. The diet consisted of a very low cal diet with a medication that helps prevent muscle loss while dieting. No working out was allowed due to the low calorie diet. According to Bod pod tests I will have lost about 50 lbs of fat and 10 lbs of muscle. I'll probably have 105 lbs of lean body mass when I hit 135 If I start bulking afterwards, do you think I'll gain a lot more than the .5 lbs a week of the 10lbs lost? I'm 40 but I look around 30 and don't seem to have any age related problems..

Also, I know there is a lot of articles that may answer this but, there are so many types of recommendations on what workout is best. Before this diet I was lifting weights at home for a few months, eating low cal, but I think I had some muscle gains. With basically a subway diet of about 1,600 calories a day I know I couldn't have gained that much. I was working a lot and just trying to get the fastest healthiest thing I could find but I know it wasn't the best. I was in my best shape about 15 yrs ago but I feel like I have put on muscle fairly well in the past. I guess I would almost be called a beginner again at this point. Does anyone have a suggestion on best diet, weight lifting schedule (some still seem to focus on a specific muscle group while others recommend doing a lot of them in day)

I think the best diet may be based on goals and the initial physique and experience of the person planning to work out. I'd like to bulk but not gain that much fat, still plan to eat clean with maybe one cheat meal a week or every two weeks at a nice restaurant but not overkill (my days of sugary drinks are over)

Thanks for your help!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2R9SuSV

0 comments:

Post a Comment