Most Important Blood Lipids for Heart Health

I just had a large amount of blood tests done, including a lipid panel and testosterone. I'm in recovery from an ED... and, sadly, I now have low test... both free and total... likely that'll be the case until my weight goes up more.

Pre-ED, at a healthier weight, I always had pretty high test levels.

Lipid-wise, i've always been around 160 total, HDL around 60, LDL around 80, and TG around 70-80.


I wanted to experiment on the effect having 3 eggs per day would have on my levels for the past 2 months, especially since I was vegan for a while.

The new test showed my total was higher than ever at 194, but my HDL was also higher at 73, and my LDL was at 103... so... pretty high... specially for me.

That being said, if you look at the Total/HDL and the Triglyceride/HDL ratios... they're actually pretty good, especially the Triglyceride/HDL one.

I'm just wondering if anyone knows which numbers matter the most. It does appear I respond to the added dietary cholesterol of 3 eggs per day, in addition to 1-2 servings of meat or so which I was having historically. Otherwise my diet was unchanged, it was really just adding the eggs.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2SOYF3n

0 comments:

Post a Comment