Quit Caffeine = Heart Skipping?

Hey everyone

I used to get a lot of caffeine throughout the day from coffee, and then I decided I should probably stop, since I had insomnia, anxiety, etc. So I switched cold turkey to decaf. But now I think my heart is skipping more than usual, or maybe it's just more noticeable to me, it really freaks me out when it happens now. I get "flutters" and thuds, which is a hard beat, almost like someone punched you in the chest (obviously not that hard but it's hard to describe). I have no pain or dizziness though. It always kind of used to do that though. However now I gained weight and am getting back into cardio after not be able to very well due to panic attacks. Not sure how much of this can be blamed on anxiety/panic. I heard that quitting caffeine can actually cause irregular beats due to caffeine stimulating the electrical impulse and now it has to recover or something like that. Anyway I went to the doctor and she told me that I'm fine basically but if it gets worse to do a monitor thingy. She listened with a stethoscope which wouldn't help the skipped beats if they aren't happening right at that moment, but this can at least detect something like a heart murmur I think.

It seems really inconsistent, sometimes it happens during exercise (cardio), sometimes, like today, it happened once at the start, then when the exercise picked up and my heart rate went up it went away as far as I noticed. I think if it was a more serious problem it would happen all the time with exercise, and it certainly wouldn't go away as it got more intense. The problem now is mostly when it happens I panic a lot more than I used to. I didn't have this problem a year or so ago, so something serious can't just develop out of nowhere in such a short time, can it?

I don't know if it's electrolytes, I'm trying to get enough but maybe I'm not taking in as much as I think I am. I think I'm good with potassium, I eat a bunch of spinach, steamed, everyday, along with beans, potatoes, kale, etc. Magnesium is the hardest one for me to get, maybe I'll take a supplement with at least 50% RDA.

I hear people talking about their heart rate going up to like 250-300 or something huge like that but mine never does that, as far as I can tell.

Thanks


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2TczQhg

0 comments:

Post a Comment