Why does the nutritional value vary greatly between brands of an equivalent product?

Really trying to figure out why nutritional values can vary so greatly between brands of basically the same product. I eat tilapia as it has a great protein to fat ratio which makes it great for cutting. To compare the two options found at my grocery store, there is Great American Seafood Tilapia Fillets and Coleson's Catch Tilapia Fillets. Both are frozen and have the same ingredients: tilapia and CO (for color retention). They are right next to each other on the shelf. Great American Seafood has 140 Cal for a 4oz serving consisting of 2g of fat and 29g protein while Coleson's Catch has 100 cal for a 4oz serving consisting of 2.5g of fat and 20g protein. How can the same 4oz have a 37% difference in protein value? Is one more optimistic or realistic than the other? I just want to make sure I'm counting my macros correctly.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2VMGkR6

0 comments:

Post a Comment