Stuck at 15% and getting headaches when I reduce calories

Currently I'm at about 15% body fat and I work out about 6x/week. I'm 46 year's old.
8 months ago I was at about 20% body fat and I've been increasing muscle and lowering my body fat level consistently until about 2-3 months ago. For the past 2-3 months I've been holding at about 157-159lbs with the same body fat percentage. I take the body fat measurements from a scale and, while I know this is not the most accurate reading, it has been consistent. Plus my body makeup (based on photos and what I look like in the mirror) has changed very little in the past 2-3 months.

Over the past month, I've tried to reduce calories. When I eat less though, I often get headaches throughout the day. It feels as though I'm stuck at my current weight and body fat % and cannot make progress without "starving" myself. I have a few thoughts which I've noted below and would welcome any advice.

First - I don't think it's about water. I drink a lot of water throughout the day. I drink and absolute minimum of 1 gallon of water each day and usually it's more than 1.5 gallons.

Second - could it be that I'm not scheduling my meals at close enough intervals. This is a little difficult to do as I have a job where I go 4-5 hours without being able to eat a real meal only small snacks.

Third - Maybe I require a more accurate calorie count of my day. I hover around 3000 calories and while I'm very strict with the foods I eat, I am not strict with calorie counting.

Fourth - Maybe it's just impossible for me to get below 15% with my current workout. Several years ago I was at about 10-11% which is ideal, but I was doing a lot of cardio, close to 5 hours a week, and weighed close to 140lbs. I do not have the time for so much cardio now and I hate to think it's impossible for me to get below 15% without it.

I figure there's got to be something I'm missing. If anyone has been in this situation or has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2KgfYEU

0 comments:

Post a Comment