Going from Cut to Bulk

Hi guys,

I'm approaching the end of my cut (will finish it in July) and had a question about planning my diet for when I bulk.

Some background. I've been cutting since the end of March (properly anyway - before that I was 'dieting' but having to many cheat meals/snack etc.) and have lost 12lb in the 9 weeks since then. By the time I finish the cut I expect to be 154lb and around 10-12% BF. I'm 5'8.

I estimate my maintenance calories to be 2400-2600 and have been eating 1800-1900 calories a day (Monday to Thursday - Friday evening/weekends I have 'off' as long as I don't go over 2400 calories).

For my bulk, I'm planning on starting at 2900 calories, with the hope of putting on 2-3lb a month.

When putting my meal plan together to get to that 2900 calories, I've had room to put in what would be considered unhealthy meals/snack.

For example, one day I might have a pizza as one of my meals, another I might have French fries and ice cream, another day I might have a big bowl of pasta carbonara or a fry up etc. Plus I have put in to have a Snickers chocolate bar on several of the days.

Most of the other stuff I'd be eating would be healthy (chicken, fish, fruit, veg etc.) and my macros would be reasonable (Protein 1.3-1.5g per lb, Fat 0.6-0.7g per lb), so does it matter that I'd be eating some 'unhealthy' stuff each day? Or is it just a case of IIFYM? I want to put on weight while staying as lean as possible (who doesn't!).


Thanks
Will


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2JLOrfe

0 comments:

Post a Comment