Transitioning to maintenance calories...

So my weight loss journey has come to an end, deliberately overshooting my goal weight by about five pounds so as to give myself a bit of breathing room, and I absolutely cannot wait to get out of this deficit. I've been eating at around 1800 a day for the past several months, with my maintenance requirements being around 2400, so I've got 600 to add.

How gradual does this process have to be? I've seen most people suggest something along the likes of 150 per week until you get to where you need to be so as to give your metabolism time to adapt, with others- like Lyle McDonald- rejecting this idea of prolonged 'reverse dieting' as unnecessary, counter productive, and something that you can pull off in a few days.

Obviously I like this idea better, as the idea of another month in a deficit, weight, measuring, and calculating, doesn't sound like a good time. What would happen if I suddenly transition to maintenance from a deficit like this?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2Mfcbu7

0 comments:

Post a Comment