17 years old, completely lost

17 years old, 180lb/82kg, hitting the gym three times a week trying to build muscle.


I started the gym around January. I've definitely made some gains but I feel like I should of made much more with the amount of effort I'm putting in while I'm there. I'm not eating correctly. I know that. I'm overweight, but I haven't been losing weight, so I can't be in a deficit.

I don't know what to eat. I live with my mother who is a single parent and she doesn't have a lot of money to be buying the stuff for all these complex meals like salmon and pepper and avocado which really demotivates me. I'm also really fussy, and the only veg I like is potatoes, sweetcorn and occasionally cauliflour.

I know you have to bulk eat and be in a surplus to build muscle, but what type of calories should I be eating? Calories from meat, sugary foods/drinks? I'm also very scared to go into a surplus because I know I'm already overweight and I really don't want to gain anymore fat, I'm at a 'slim fat' build at the moment which I'll take over being completely overweight any day.

If I've been building muscle already without eating properly, does that mean I'm in a surplus due to my eating patterns anyway? If so, should I simply eat a little more to encourage my muscles to grow more?(I feel like I should of made bigger gains with the intensity and what I've been lifting, so if I haven't does that simply mean I haven't had a big enough surplus?)

My goal is to build muscle(abs, arms, legs, shoulders etc) so I can feel more confident and better about myself. Eating right is the one thing I'm really struggling on and I think you guys might be able to help. Thanks in advance!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2K0utg6

0 comments:

Post a Comment