Nachos "Vehicle" alternatives

I am a huge fan of nachos, but not a big fan of the calories and carbs involved in tortilla chips as the vehicle for getting all of the "good stuff" in my mouth. I don't *avoid* carbs per se, but I also don't seek them out. I never get a protein style burger, or skip the tortilla with a taco, and love pizza, but would much rather have something lower in calories if possible when eating a 2500 calorie plate of nachos. I tried zucchini this weekend, which was a limp failure. Also not into the cheese chips, which become super flimsy after a few minutes in. Any recommendations?

A friend mentioned he used used wedges of bell peppers as chips, which I'll be trying this weekend, but open to any suggestions. I crave fat and protein, just trying to lower overall calories when I've already packed on tons of meat, cheese, beans, guacamole, sour cream, etc. My last batch crept up on 1900 calories, and a large chunk of it was the tortilla chips.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2KkeRE6

0 comments:

Post a Comment