Recommended Kitchen Scales

After months of not weighing anything during my eating disorder recovery, I am now at a point where weighing certain things would likely be to my advantage. I used to have a scale, but I gave it away so I could recover mentally.

So, I ordered a new one, same brand as before, but a newer model (I got the latest OXO 11lb One).

The trouble is, at lower-gram levels (less than 10g or so), not only does the number not measure accurately to the gram, but it shifts up and down even without clearing it.

For example, I'll scoop out 20g of peanut butter, pick up the jar, put it back down, and it'll read -22g or -19g, or some close proximity, much of the time.

I also weighed out things like salt, etc, and it's not sensitive enough to pick up anything under 3-4 grams or so... which makes me feel like there's potential for at least a 3-4g variance on most items. Not an issue for, say, dry potatoes so much... but if I wanna make sure I'm getting a certain amount of flax seed, or protein from a scooper, or peanut butter, those grams can add up.

Plus, I just like being accurate if I can.

Anyone have a kitchen scale, brand, model, etc, they've used and tested for accuracy AND consistency? This one got good reviews and it wasn't cheap for what it is, so i'm a bit annoyed that it's measuring like that.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2T6GN37

0 comments:

Post a Comment