Help with Calories

Hello!

I am currently following a diet plan based off the diabetic exchange system that looks like
-----------------------------
Breakfast: 1 fat, 2 protein, 1 grain, 1 fruit, 1 dairy
Snack: 1 fruit, 1 protein
Lunch: 3 protein, 2 grain, 1 fat, 1 fruit, 1 veggie
Snack: 1 grain, 1 protein
Dinner: 3 protein, 2 grain, 2 fat, 2 veggie
Snack: 1 grain, 1 protein
-----------------------------
Example day:
B: 2 tbsp half and half, 2 eggs, 3/4 cup greek yogurt, small apple, 1/4 cup granola
S: 1 scoop protein powder and small banana
L: 3 oz mahi mahi, 1 tsp olive oil, 1 cup roasted squash, 3/4 cup brown rice, 1 cup blackberries
S: rxbar
D: 3 oz chicken, 4 small corn tortillas, 1 tbsp ranch, 1 cup kale, 1 cup cauliflower, 2 tbsp avocado
S: small ice-cream bar and cheese stick
-----------------------------
To explain:
1 grain = 15 grams of carb
1 protein = 6 grams (example, 3 oz of chicken is 3 exchanges)
1 fat = 5 gram
1 fruit = about 15 carbs worth
1 dairy = 3/4 cup greek yogurt
-----------------------------
I do this because I like seeing things as exchanges more than I do just calories. For example, if I go out to eat I don't have to measure things- by knowing portion sizes I know how much to eat for an appropriate meal. However, it normally comes out to be about 1,900-2,000 calories a day and oftentimes I am hungry at night and a little lackluster at the gym. I still follow the plan but I was wondering if others are able to eat more and still maintain? I weighed myself a couple times the past month and stayed the same weight.

Would I be able to get away with eating more while recomping? What should my calorie range look like?

I am 5'6" and weigh about 131 pounds (20 years old). I have been lifting about 7 months now and my routine is mostly heavy barbell training and the olympic lifts (5 days a week and from the Thinner Leaner Stronger book by Mike Matthews). I do about 15 min HITT on a bike twice a week and probably walk about 3 miles a day- so nothing too strenuous on the cardio front. My lifts have been improving slowly so I don't think I am under eating, but I would like to know if there are other ladies out there maintaining on more? Please don't link a calorie calculator thing because I have used those and I truly don't know if I would be considered active, moderately active, etc. Plus it really helps to hear from other people what works for them because we are all so different.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2K5qb3a

0 comments:

Post a Comment