Gaining on cut

Hello all,
Before going into details, here is a little bit of background:
One month and a half ago I started a new job and since then I generally move less. Before that I was used to walk 7-8 km a day and light train two times a week. I was used to walk in 2 or 3 times (going to and coming from work plus lunch break), now I drive and everything has changed. Being summer, I stopped training and started doing cardio (running), this is pretty common for me, I have never been a person who trains for big gains, rather the person that wants to keep some kind of shape. Running helps me feeling better since I move less and it makes me happy during the good season.

I am 31 years old guy. 1.80, 64 kg.

Since I started the new job I have cut my calories intake to 1600 Kcal a day, while running a 5k every day after work from Monday to Friday.
This is the usual breakdown: (I cook myself)
6am wake up
8am breakfast 400 kcal
1:30 pm lunch 500 kcal
7 5k run
8 dinner 600 kcal

I don't eat processed food, mainly fruits, vegetables, wholegrain cereals, fish, some lean meat for lunch, yogurt.
On weekends I don't run, I usually skip breakfast because I wake up late and I drink a beer or two on two nights max (so max 4 beers, but this is very rare, a usual number is 2 in total).

A computation of the usual macros (per day) that I did is the following: 57 gr of fats, 133 gr of proteins, 140 grams of carbs. These are spread over the three meals.

As you can see I left 100 kcal aside and the reason is that I eat a fruit (like a peach or a healthy bar or a low fat yogurt pot) during the day if I am hungry or eventually before the run.

My fat % is around 18%, and thus I computed my (Katch-McArdle) BMR: 370 + 21.6 * (64*0.82) = 1500 kcal

Now the thing is that even using a 1.2 factor, I should be on a cut or so, but I am actually gaining. In one month and a half I gained 1 KG from 63 to 64.

Is there anything wrong in what I am considering?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2vmZK41

0 comments:

Post a Comment