Advice: Trainer Suggesting Short Term Macro Change

I have been on (2,000 calorie) keto diet for 1 full week to cut (and I lost 5.5 lbs in my first week) and my personal trainer told me to increase my carb intake and switch to a low carb diet going into the third and fourth week change from strength training phase back into a 2 week hypertrophy phase. I am really pleased with the weight that I lost but I still have a lot of fat to cut (I'm hovering around 20% BF).

The new macro I am going to try will be 40% fat (89 grams) / 35% protein (175 grams) / 25% carb (125 grams) but still at a daily 2,000 caloric intake. But my question is if there is a need for me to change diets to for the hypertrophy stage? Will I immediately gain a lot of weight because of the increased carb intake despite not adding anymore calories? Or restoring of liver glycogen? Will I continue to lose weight/fat because of the caloric deficit?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2Ar16QS

0 comments:

Post a Comment