under-recovery and insomnia

I need some help from the hard gainers. I've always been very lean and had a crazy fast metabolism as a kid and throughout college. Even now at 28 I can still eat whatever I want with no repercussions. However, I'm at a point now where after my workouts I am getting bad insomnia. I am eating a consistent 3100 - 3400 calories a day (which is a struggle for me since I don't have a big appetite) and hitting good protein numbers (160-180gm/day at 165 pounds). I am also drinking fruit juices to get additional carbs after my main meals.

Is it possible that this is still not enough? The insomnia is killing me. I've seen my doc a few times this past year about it and even did a full work up with a funcitonal medicine doc to have thyroid, test, vitamin levels electrlytes etc checked out. On paper I'm health as an ox.

I was doing the PPL routine - push pull legs - which comes out to 6 days a week with 1 rest day. I think it's clear that I have to drop this down too.

On a side note my sleep hygiene is on point - I work day shift, I dim the lights and don't watch much TV, use all the normal supps (melatonin, Magnesium, glycine, valerian root) and completely eliminated caffeine from my diet months ago. No other stims. I'm at a loss??!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2Inbmxp

0 comments:

Post a Comment