Thaw chicken in the oven

Hi

So, my question is regarding cooking thawed chicken, or rather how to thaw it besides let it thaw in the fridge for sevral hours. Usually, I just put frozen chicken straight out of the fridge into the oven and cook it and that works of course. Today was my first time defrosting in the microwave, it was fast, but I also noticed that it got somewhat cooked and it didn't thaw evenly, maybe you're supposed to rotate them or something.

I know there are other methods to defrost chicken, like putting it in a bag in hot water but I heard it's not the most senatary thing to do. Anyway, can't you simply defrost in the oven? Depending on the temperature you use, put the chicken inside and take it out a couple of min after and weigh and season the chicken and put it back in? The chicken isn't cooked yet, so when you weigh it, it should still be considered raw weight, right? It shouldn't lose too much water if you're attentive, I think.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2XSS99I

0 comments:

Post a Comment