Struggling to get the right nutrition and calorie surplus

I recently started going to the gym at the start of January. I dabbled a bit in boxing before this and was trying to get my diet on track back then too. My diet isn't in the worst of conditions, could possibly be worst. I get roughly the right percentages of macros every day and usually, with the help of protein shakes, I reach my protein goal throughout the days too. My problem has started recently where I feel as if I have hit a stand still. Up until now I have noticed little gains over time but am stuck now. I know one solution may be to eat more but I am simply struggling to reach a calorie surplus every day with the right amount of macro nutrients too. I can easily hit the right percentages of macro nutrients just by watching what I'm eating and taking a mental note of all the contents of what I eat. The calorie surplus is tough though. I don't feel as if I have the money to go overboard with so much more food. I've seen people eat multiple eggs for breakfast in the morning. I could use 2-3 every morning at the most. I try to get at least 5-6 meals a day to try help me reach my calorie surplus but it's hard when I have so little money and also feel like fitting all the calories in with my daily life is impossible.

A little info on me:
I am 16, quite skinny, around 65kg when I last weighed myself. I'm probably around 5ft10-11. I eat an omelette every morning, followed by a cereal bar a bit later on to provide myself with some extra carbs before the gym. Then after the gym I go have a protein shake. If I have spare money I buy one from the vending machine, containing 50g protein and 50g carbs, if not then I just have my own powder that contains 20g protein. Roughly an hour or two later, I then have my next meal. Usually just some chicken and rice. I then wait another 1-2 hours to get in another meal, this quite often ends up being a microwave meal. Another couple hours later I will then have dinner, usually something good like low fat mince and pasta or chicken curry. Dinner is usually one of my best meals throughout the day. Then I don't eat until before bed when I have some casein protein.

I would like to know any suggestions on how I could improve on my diet and even some tips on how I could get the right balance of macro nutrients while hitting around 3000 calories each day and on a low budget. Sounds impossible to me. Also, I've tried nuts every now and then. I hate them. Literally can't eat them without wanting to vomit. I wish I could because I've heard they are great.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2UZm5UG

0 comments:

Post a Comment