First intentional bulk - Weight gain worries

Hi,

I’m 27 - 5ft10

I have recently ended a cut and started a lean bulk. I have cut from 203 pounds to 160.

My concern is I am gaining weight too fast in my opinion. My weight initially shot up from 160 to 172 pounds after 2 weeks on 3K calories per day. So I decided to reduce this to 2800 calories per day and 7 days later I weighed 169.

Another week has gone by and weighed myself again this morning and I am back up to 172 pounds on 2800 calories a day.

I understand water weight etc. So I’m not fully trusting my scale but 3LBS weight gain on 2800 cals per day seems crazy. I’m training hard 5 days a week. My TDEE is approx 2300.

Should I continue as I am or would you reduce calories further? My aim is the same as many people - to add lean mass so I don’t want to reduce calories ideally.

Thanks!


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2r6YFLF

0 comments:

Post a Comment