Clean bulk macros: exception for good fats?

Hi All,

Finishing up a successful cut where my macros were roughly 50% fat, 30% protein and 20% carbs. Fat sources mostly grass-fed meats, boiled eggs, mixed nuts, avocados, etc. It worked really well, felt good, etc.

I'm transitioning to a clean bulk and while I figure that being on a calorie surplus with such an emphasis on fats will likely not turn out well, I'm wondering how much the 50% carbs, 30% protein, 20% fat is essential even when the diet is clean (i.e., fat is from thought-out sources). Just 20% fat leaves little room for some things I've become very accustomed to, like the nuts, avocados, and eggs. It also feels difficult to get above 40% carbs because I'm just so used to low carbs. I'm slowly going up on calories and am trying to shift my diet as I do (haven't hit maintenance yet) and this week I did about 40% fats, 33% carbs, 27% protein.

That said, my priority is to gain muscle with as little fat as possible. Just wondering if high fat/low carb is so good for cutting and maintaining mass (which I feel I have), does it not translate to being good for gaining mass?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/2Ytgjbv

0 comments:

Post a Comment