Having trouble calculating diet - how much protein?

Ok, this is probably not solvable, but I thought I'd ask. So I'm feeling and doing very well on the keto diet - about 75% fat, 21% protein and 4% carbs. I'm also trying to get leaner (down from 22% body fat to 10% at most), while also building muscle. I'm seeing lots of videos covering studies that show you can get lean and burn fat while also building muscle. Here's the problem...

I'm seeing studies showing you need 1g of protein per pound of body weight in order to build muscle while also losing fat and getting leaner. However, I cannot calculate a way to stay on keto, get enough protein and still have a calorie deficit. Trying to figure that out all night, and none of the numbers work. It's like trying to decipher hieroglyphs with pieces missing.

Is it a reality that I can't achieve all three goals of being in ketosis, getting enough protein to build muscle and also be in a calorie deficit? This feels like I'm chasing a unicorn.

Or is that 1g of protein per pound of LEAN body mass? That might make it a bit easier? Maybe not.


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2X7VeD8

0 comments:

Post a Comment