How in the Heck do you get THAT much protein?

So, I'm losing a ton of weight, well not a ton, but like 80 pounds, and I want to preserve/build as much muscle as possible during that cut, so that I have a good base to start bulking from once I get my body fat down. Now obviously I can't really bulk while cutting this dramatically, but I understand that eating a lot of protein and strength training while cutting can preserve muscle mass or even put some on if you are a newbie. Right? right.

So I am looking at several guidelines that recommend 2 grams per pound of bodyweight a day of protein. I weight 250lbs, that's 500 grams. Translating that into real food amounts, that's like 3.5 pounds of chicken breast or like 6 pounds of cod? That's insane. There is no way I could even force myself to eat that much.

How in the hell do you actually get that much protein into your body? Is chugging protein powder the only way? I think I'd have to force it down even if I was drinking that much protein. Or am I majorly misunderstanding these protein recommendations?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://ift.tt/326T6OB

0 comments:

Post a Comment