Am I consuming too much protein?

I have all my macros and everything on excel.

When I calculated all of it, I'll be consuming 248.4 g of protein a day.

I currently weight 250 lbs.

On a calculator I used, it recommended I consume 176 g of protein a day to lose weight. It's based on a sedentary job and moderate exercise. However, I'm a bit active at work. I work at retail and walk back and forth throughout the day.

I'm aiming to go to the gym twice a week to lift weights and do the starting strength program. That is why I chose "sedentary job" and "moderate excericse" even though it's actually reversed I guess.

I don't feel like I'm eating too much protein. Most of that protein is coming from 2 chicken breasts I eat and 2 protein shakes I drink (whey and protein).

I'm just curious if 248.4 g of protein is too much. My other macros are:

Calories: 2206
Protein: 176 g
Carbs: 176 g
Fat: 39 g

What I'm actually consuming:

Calories: 2213
Protein: 248.4 g
Carbs: 205
Fat: 36.3

What do you think?


from Bodybuilding.com Forums - Nutrition https://bbcom.me/2JGrFVU

0 comments:

Post a Comment